Sign up for our mailing list and get 15% off any performance!
July 13-17th: PSI Theatre at the Durham Arts Council
120 Morris St., Durham, NC 27701
- Wednesday, July 13, 7:30pm
- Thursday, July 14, 7:30pm
- Friday, July 15, 7:30pm
- Saturday, July 16, 2:00pm
- Saturday, July 16, 7:30pm
- Sunday, July 17, 2:00pm
Director: Noelle Azarelo
Stage Manager: Andrea Zimmerman
Assistant Stage Manager: Kristie Kennedy
Technical Director: John-Paul Middlesworth
Scenic Designer: Lizzie Andrews
Sound Design: Michael Parker
House Manager: Dave McEwen
Producer: Charles Machalicky
In the summer of 1911, she took back her power.
|Chemist and physicist Marie Curie is about to accept her second Nobel prize for her pioneering work in radioactivity, when the press discovers her longtime affair with a married man. Reeling from public scandal, she retreats to the seaside home of engineer and suffragist Hertha Ayrton. There, the two friends explore what it means to be mothers, wives, scientists and thought leaders, in a changing world on the verge of war.|
A true story of perseverance through adversity, spanning 30 years of the personal lives, scientific achievements and political influences of two extraordinary women. Come see the NC live premiere of Lauren Gunderson’s off-Broadway hit, The Half-Life of Marie Curie.
This production is made possible by a grant from the Durham Arts Council and our sponsors:
|Marie Curie||………………………..||Samantha Corey|
|Hertha Ayrton||………………………..||Mary Rowland|
There is public parking available at and around the Durham Arts Council. These parking areas are owned by the City of Durham and managed by Central Parking System.
- Durham Centre Parking Garage is a multi-level paid public parking deck directly across Morgan St. from the Durham Arts Council building. There are entrances on both Morgan and Morris Streets. Hourly rate: $2.25.
- Manning Place parking lot is directly adjacent to the Durham Arts Council building on the South side (entry from Morris Street). Limited parking is available for DAC and downtown visitors. No parking is permitted in front of the dumpsters and in front of the loading bay.